09 February 2012

Seatturday

When i take Saturday day trips to Seattle, i call them Seatturdays. And last Seatturday was gorgeous.

My mom and i decided that we wanted to go up to Seattle. It's one of my favorite cities, and i just love walking around. All over.

Our day started in Federal Way. I'd read about a LYS on Ravelry called Unraveled. A LYS so close to home? I may not have money to do any shopping at these stores, but i could honestly spend all day there. Sitting and knitting, looking at all the yarn i'll never buy because i'm broke... So, we checked it out. It's cute. The ladies working were so friendly. I didn't want to leave, but Seattle was calling me.

We headed north, and found a parking spot a few blocks up from Pike Place Market.

Some parking lot graffiti for your viewing pleasure.
Photobucket
I can't make out what it is. I hope it's not inappropriate. :D

We started out across from the market, looking out over the Sound.
Photobucket
Look at the mountains. How lucky am i to live in such a beautiful state?

From there, we headed toward Cost Plus World Market. I don't know what that sign is supposed to be... A woman must be flanked by men? Should i have climbed up there and put sparkles on one dude and wolf ears on the other?
Photobucket

Then we saw the first of so many So Much Yarn... signs. To get there, you have to go through a black gate... you need to be buzzed in. Up some stairs. Through a courtyard. In a back, dark corner... If they didn't have signs up all over the place, i'm not sure we would have found it. But find it, we did. It was wonderful. Despite the heat being on, and with all that wool in your face, with several other people around, in such a small area, it didn't need to be on.
Photobucket
I ended up leaving with a skein of delicious green baby alpaca yarn. If there hadn't been a ray of sunshine leaking in through a window at So Much Yarn..., i probably wouldn't have gotten that color. But there was. And i'm so glad i did.
Photobucket
Once again, i was sad to leave. But there are time limits on parking spaces...

Photobucket

We walked down the waterfront a little before heading back to the car to make sure we had some time. (Dumbos we are, we didn't look at the time before walking away from the car.)
I believe this is called "Waterfront Whimsea"...
Photobucket
CLink, Safeco, a ferry, and Mt. Rainier.
Photobucket

Nirvana, Sonics, Space Needle.
Photobucket

Luckily, we still had a half hour. It was actually warm outside, so i swapped my peacoat for a light sweater, and we headed back to the market.

I didn't want any pictures of myself, but then i remembered i was wearing the t-shirt my brother gave me for Christmas. I had to show him i was representin'.
Photobucket
By the way, that's me. Hi.

Photobucket
I don't care how many times i've been there, i feel like i have to get a photo of that sign every time.

You know that macaroni and cheese that Oprah said is the best ever? This is where they make it. That big vat right there? That's making cheese. Sadly, i've never tried this glorious mac and cheese. Every time i try to, the place is packed. Going to Pike Place on a beautiful, sunny, warm Seatturday doesn't help.
Photobucket

On the way back to the car, i noticed Molly Moon's for i think the first time. I've been in the chocolate shop it's connected to, but somehow i never realized the ice cream part was Molly Moon's! What!
Photobucket
Ever since Nathan Fillion tweeted about Molly Moon's salted caramel ice cream, i've wanted it. And i finally got it. And holy wow, they aren't kidding when they say it's salted caramel.

We ended our day at Dash Point.
Photobucket
I love the moon.
Photobucket

Oh, and best news! They're putting in a BigFoot Java across from the Chevron on our way to Dash Point! It's not everyday there's a BigFoot on our way to wherever we're going... So, we'll be going to Dash Point a lot this summer.
Photobucket


Whew. That's a lot of pictures, huh? And i'm not done!

At some point during the day, i finished my second pineapple iPod cozy.
Uploaded by Photobucket Mobile for BlackBerry
Is that not the cutest?

On Sunday, I decided that i needed to make a pineapple coffee cozy.
Uploaded by Photobucket Mobile for BlackBerry
And now i just want to keep making more.

And now i will leave you with whatever snippet of wisdom i find on the tag of my tea.

Don't let it end like this. Tell them i said something. -- Pancho Villa

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Seatturdays!! It was such a gorgeous day.

    Let me know next time you're up north! We should meet up for some yarn browsing :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a great day! i miss being so close to ocean air! the yarn you picked it beautiful

    i also can't make out the grafitti. (even though i'm from LA =P) but i don't think it's vulgar. i think it has the number 5 in it. it is pretty, as far as grafitti goes

    ReplyDelete